High energy ecstatic dance in East London ( Facilitated by DJ Jan-Michael )
RAPTURE is a conscious dance club fusion - gathering the energy usually spared for the peak of the ecstatic dance wave and give it to you in bucket loads! The phat tunes that have you punching the air, jumping, whooping and whirling …. as well as enough of those that bring you back down to earth afterwards and soothe your soul.
Expect deep, dirty bass including electro house, midtempo, hard techno, bass house, indie dance and d&b.
Expect to dance free from expectation or judgement – move your body however you wish. Expect to sweat. Expect to enjoy yourself … a lot.
After gathering together in the opening circle to begin as a group, you then have the rest of the session uninterrupted to guide your own experience. You choose if you dance alone, with others, take a break or go full pelt.
100% substance free. Be yourself, express yourself freely and get high on your body’s own natural supply. This is about freeing your mind and body,connecting with yourself and those around you and dancing your dance. No booze,no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional.
RAPTURE dance is not offered as a therapy…… although you may find that as well as sweating, smiling, free moving, stomping and being danced, that something inside you shifts and you will most probably leave feeling a lot lighter and much rejuvenated!
No experience is needed, only a willingness to allow the music to guide you into an experience of your own personal aliveness and passion.
1. No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk outside)
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, mobile phones muted and out of sight
4. Respect for the space and for one another
5. You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart.)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle.
The venue address is:
Haggerston Community Centre
8 Lovelace Street, Haggerston, E8 4FF, London
See you on the dance floor!